11.5.12

Dancing like Christopher Walken

Play as you read!!

Get up off the couch and dance! You can do it, you know you want to. Maybe not as good or bad as Mr. walken here..but as me mom use to say, in her best English accent "give it a go"


Why not even do yourself a bigger favor and do this dance at work, how about at a staff meeting or just in the hallway right outside of your bosses office? Studies commissioned by this Yankee show that 6 out of 9 will think about dancing like this while actually 0 - 9 will do it.................. Be the first!


It's pretty easy to let your inhibitions go in thought, but I bet the feeling of self pride and self confidence can be overwhelming when you do actually try this at home or work.


Why be scared? (well, maybe unless you really can't dance, but again, I give you Mr. Walken above)



“Failure defeats losers, failure inspires winners.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki


Now, not to make too much of the Walken video, but I watch it and say, why not? (Did JFK say that?) If you asked me to dance like this 10-15 years ago, I would calmly tell you to get out of my face with this nonsense. But as I am getting older, I drift towards the why not. I really don't give a (bad word here) what people think of it. Time makes you bolder (Now that's a line in a fleetwood mac song) 10-15 years ago, I would have been mortified of the thought!


I do have moments where I am in pretty stressful situations and my mind switches to visions like the walken dance video and somehow it soothes and put's me in a better mood. . Believe it or not, I am getting very close to actually performing a dance like this in real time, pretty soon. 


Hey! How about a Walken dance............






flash mob? ....


...Who's in?


Take all of the stress you have built up over the past while and let it go..freestyle. 


As for me, I don't fashion myself as a Fred Astaire type dancer..




... more like this guy..



But that wont stop me, because; it's more about the doing than it is about what you look like while doing. (humm..I may copyright that, shirts on e-bay soon) Sometimes you will find that getting out of your comfort zone and doing something totally outrageous is cathartic. 


Expecially when we get older, we tend to stay in a certain groove, not a dancing groove, but a groove, groove..you know what I mean..... BREAK OUT!!




whats wrong with being different  ?
Dance like nobody is watching..give it a go!





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...