16.4.10

Where's Gordo ?

So, I start my blog on my southern experiences and I get an e-mail from a friend who says “hey Gordon, your not in the South, your in Florida” I think many of my family and friends think of Florida in terms of Disney world, when I tell everyone I live in Florida, the next thing out of their mouth is “Nice, so how far are you from Disney World?” I explain that I am in the Tallahassee area, 4 hours drive from Orlando. But a million years in time. Tallahassee is a very southern minded city it borders two other southern states-Georgia and Alabama. So just how much am I in the South?..Check this out



Modern definition The states in dark red are almost always included in modern day definitions of the South, while those in medium red are usually included. Some sources classify Maryland and Missouri as Southern, with Delaware only rarely grouped within the region. West Virginia is often considered Southern, because it was once part of Virginia. From my personal experience, I think you can color the Florida panhandle dark red.

Central Florida downward seems more northern like, has a big city feel. It could be because of all the Yankees who did the snowbird thing and stayed.

What looks more southern to you, Tallahassee’s famous canopy roads:



Or this?




Miami skyline. People in the panhandle in Florida do talk about Miami as if it were in another country. Such a vast change in culture and mood. It’s kind of funny, I do look forward to a trip to Miami or Orlando to get my big city fix every now and then but always look forward to coming “home” to our little slice of heaven here in gods country. So, yes I live down south nowadays. I don't hear much of-"you can't get there from heeya" But how about this one: He looks like he's been rode hard and put up wet
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...