6.10.11

Turn the Publishing Off


You WILL NOT be selling this story. It is JUST FOR FUN.  Its only purpose is for you to live in the beauty and emotion of writing.  

That's what sits on the page just below what I'm typing. The words help to quiet the audience in my head that won't shut up. When I was a teen writer, I wanted to get published, but I wasn't consciously thinking about agents, publishers, and readers (except people I knew).  Now when I write, I think, "Are agents going to like this character?  Will they think the plot is too cheap?  Is my first chapter going to stand out?" I am a writer, so I speak with words.  But what I have to say right now is through a picture:


Turn the publishing thoughts off and write.  Then turn them back on and revise. 

So, what distracts you while you are writing?  Has the "noise" ever helped you?  Or is it mostly negative?   

Photo credit here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...