23.5.10

In a New York and Crawfordville state of mind ~ Apples and Oranges:


I get conflicted many times when I think of the city and the rural south. I do so much miss the city with all it has to offer and the adrenalin rush that comes with it. Then I think of Crawfordville and how much of a family town it is and a great place to live and do things like gardening, sightseeing and some other things that I really can't think of right this minute :)

I though I would do a fun comparison of New York City and my current home town, Crawfordville, Florida. Here it goes and please keep in mind that most of these comparisons has my tongue firmly placed in my cheek:

Songs dedicated to the city

New York

The ever popular Frank Sinatra (Ole blue eye) singing, NY NY



Start spreading the news
I'm leaving today
I want to be a part of it, New York, New York
These vagabond shoes
Are longing to stray
And make a brand new start of it
New York, New York

How about a little more modern with Jayz’s Empire state of mind:



In New York,
Concrete jungle where dreams are made of,
Theres nothing you can’t do,
Now you’re in New York,
These streets will make you feel brand new,
The lights will inspire you,
Lets here it for New York, New York, New York

To name a few…

Crawfordville

I could not find any songs dedicated to Crawfordville, now, that does not mean there are none, only that none have been published, yet? Although I did not find a song about Crawfordville, I will submit to you the closest thing I could find to a singing group that is associated with the neighboring town of sopchoppy, I give you the group - Swamp Cabbage



Swamp Cabbage play a type of North Florida fatback boogaloo blues (love that word fatback) - Fatback is a cut of meat from a pig. It consists of the layer of adipose tissue (subcutaneous fat) under the skin of the back, with or without the skin (pork rind). Fatback often is rendered to make a high quality lard. Yum! ;)


Night life

New York



The city that never sleeps.

Crawfordville



The city that sleeps

I have never been out in the Crawfordville night life because frankly, I do not think we have one. So for this post I googled "Crawfordville night life” and came up with "Capt Seanile's Pool and Pub"‎. No photographs of the place were available and I don’t even know if they are still open for business. So I called and went to a voice mail recording- I left a message asking for the establishment's hours of operation, still waiting for a call back - sounds like a hoping place though.

Wildlife:

New York



Need I say more (and no the Zoo does not count)

Crawfordville

Here is where Crawfordville Shines:







That is just a small taste of the critters "round" here :)

Street/Road side vendors

New York



Classic street vendor dawgs/sausage/pretzels etc…..

Crawfordville:

Crawfordville has a lot to offer here:



Meet Woody:



Woody sells such down home items as:







Woody comes with an extra feature - conversation.

Public Transportation:

New York:







Crawfordville



Healthier?

Crawfordville public transportation may be slower. But I don't think we would meet this guy in our travels:



Fine Dining:

New York





Crawfordville



OUZTS TOO OYSTER BAR

Last but not least...................


Status Symbols:

New York:


Classic


Crawfordville


I think the higher the truck the more important you are?


There are many more things I could compare but this is a start. In the end, I love both places although it is like comparing apples and oranges, Big apples that is :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...