27.8.10

In the waiting line.................



No better way to put a nice finishing touch on a great week at work than by heading to Starbucks before my trek home..



need to make it fast because The One Who Must Be Obeyed,(TOWMBO) is waiting for me to pick her up. So I thought out my plan.

I would go into Starbucks place my order. (Simple vente regular and a slice of a Banana nut cake) and then go over to the cream and sugar area quickly and move on…

“The best laid plans of mice and men, often go awry” ~ Robert Burns

Well, I do get my order kind of quickly, but the cream and sugar station was another story. I walk over to this area and two people are already there fixing their drinks, no problem, I can wait. One tall gentleman is on the telephone while fixing his coffee drink and the other is a lady, slowly pouring sugar into her coffee and stirring..the lady totally involved and may even be talking to the coffee, no problem I can wait…The gentleman proceeds to have a conversation on his phone while placing his coffee down on the cream and sugar table and the lady does not like the amount of sugar in her coffee so she slowly stirs and stirs and puts more sugar in..no problem, I can wait.........



........Mind you, both are completely oblivious to the line that has now formed at the “creaming area”

The lady was a classic study in coffee preparation psychology , while slowly stirring her coffee , she would place the rim of the cup up to her nose smelling the aroma and making body movements like she was going to curl up with a good book right there, I mean, slow stir, up to the nose, not enough whatever, more sugar and I think cinnamon…still not right she slowly stirs again,She did have a little crazy - over caffeinated look about her.....



.....the gentleman is telling chuck (the guy on the other end of the phone) that in order to make the sale , they want to see the charts again on Monday.....



....great idea I said to myself, it will probably be Monday before I get out of here.

Trust me, I am very cognizant of my Northern attitude about waiting in line, I have to work on it though, this day I choose to do something a little different to calm myself down, so in my head I start singing this:

In the waiting line by Zero seven

Snap, back to reality…The guy still is talking on the phone and the lady is really ridicules now.



Well, not really that bad as the pic above..but close...

One thing I did learn down here is a saying that takes the sting off of things like this, I looked at this lady now almost making love to her coffee....



......and say to myself “.Bless her heart” WOW, that worked..took the air right out of the stress balloon in my head.

Meanwhile the man on the telephone glances behind and notices the line and he picked up the pace a little then leaves. The lady mumbles “I just can’t get the sugar level right” and steps aside clutching her new room mate and signaling the rest of us to step up.

Well this was my time to shine, I wanted to show her how it’s done and how to be courteous to your fellow travelers, so I get to the cream and sugar station and with the speed of an Indy 500 pit crew,



I put cream then splenda in to the coffee, stir 1.5 times and am out of the cream pit in 5.7 seconds..see???

Is it me??



I don't know, when I get my Northern, let's go and hurry up attitude on, it comes to me without thinking, it's in my genes. Sometimes I think it's over the top, but in the above scenario, I think anybody would have reacted the same?..yes???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...