10.9.10

A Yankees New Southern Toy.......

When in Rome….Buy a pickup truck!



Well, I went ahead and purchased a 1977 Ford F100 pickup truck. It does qualify as an antique. This will be the first time in my life I have owned one. Every other vehicle down here is a truck of some sort, so now I feel like I truly belong.:-)









I am now in the market for proper down south pickup truck attire……..



I don’t think I can pull that off, but it would sure give me the “right of way” in many roadway situations!

I think I will just go traditional………….



I may decide to wear a flannel shirt, jeans, overalls, and ball cap,(Red Sox logo) Perfecting the classic pick up driver look with a bit of a Boston touch.

I took Max (our dog) out for his first ride in it , (in the cab) I let him out to run around in the park and when it was time to go, he would not get back in! ….



I think it’s going to take a few more trips for him.

Driving a pick up truck with my northern flair for the dramatics while driving- is not a good mix down here…. It's a different driving culture in the south.Up north we yell, swear and get all red faced. Here it's simple, it's what is not said that is important

Q: Who has the right of way when 3 cars and a pick up truck approach a four-way stop
at the same time?

A: The pick up truck with the gun rack and the bumper sticker saying
"Guns don't kill people. I do."

That guy gets to go first ......

I just may be a little passive myself at first and try these on for size..



Pickup truck tips are welcomed :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...