16.8.11

New and Improved: Pictures

As you may notice from now on, I endeavor to slowly augment my blog.  I do say "slowly" for slow is the only possible rate of improvement for one so overwhelmed by the internet as I. Not overwhelmed as in I don't understand how it works.  Rather, overwhelmed in the sense that there is too much information.  Too much advice, too much news, too much to keep up with.  

I would like to crawl in a cave... 
...and share my stories with my fellow cavemen away from all technology. 
Even better, I would like for Facebook, Twitter, and Other-scary-websites to simultaneously and inexplicably combust in a strange and unusual cyber fire.

But perhaps I have offended some of you who enjoy social networking.  I apologize.  You needn't heed the ranting of a madwoman.  

I seem to remember putting something about pictures in the title of this post.  You may be wondering about that.  Well, let me return to the correct topic.  I truly desire my blog to be more simulating for your eyes and brain.  Now to reveal the newest addition to my blog:

PICTURES

Wait, how did you know that already?  Well, it doesn't matter.  To find pictures for this exciting first day of visual beautification, I searched google with the keyword--interestingly enough--"pictures."  Most of the results were photographs of animals who have no idea how to spell or use correct grammar, such as this tiny fellow:

 
Or this kitten here:


I suppose it is excusable since they are animalz...animals.

But the picture that truly intrigued me was this one here:


Why does this woman have such a long dress?  Will these stairs support her?  Is she about to slide down the stair rail?

Most of my writing ideas start in my head.  But a picture like this really does inspire me.  I have a writer's exercise book called A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words, but I've only used it a few times.  

How about you, dear person who has read this far?  Has a picture ever inspired you to write something?  Do you actually begin story-hunting by looking at photos?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...