14.1.12

Do you keep a journal?


Heck, yes. I've been keeping a journal every.single.day. since I was 12.

I mean every day. Like, I haven't missed writing about a single day. Sometimes I'm busy and have to write an entry on the day after it happens.  At one point in my life I had to catch up for about 4 days' worth at a time. But every day has its own entry.

I took out this box from my closet, just for you, guys. So enjoy.

The box.
 
I was expecting...maybe 20 notebooks at the most. As I took them out of the box, they just kept coming. I believe my exact words were, "Oh, my freaking goodness." I'm not a "freaking" kind of girl. I don't use the word "freaking" unless it is freaked out of me. I have 24 completed journals, 25 with the one I'm using now.

Here they are.


Some reoccurring themes are cats, flowers, brown, and purple. (I don't know if you've noticed, notebook-makers really like flowers.) There is only ONE non-spiral bound journal in the pack. That's because I tried it once and hated it. Too bad the spirals don't fit in boxes that easily. And too bad all the cool journals are book-bound.

Are you seriously trying to count these?

For the heck of it, I made a notebook tower. It was not easy, but I did it for you guys. Because I love you.

So, you probably want to know what's INSIDE the journals, right? Well, here's the thing. I don't even know that. I have never, ever read through one of them. Even taking them out and looking at them, I still don't feel the urge to read them. I opened to a couple different pages at random, looked over the words and closed them again. The past is the past, you know?

So why do I write an entry every day?

Why not.

(Extra hint: I'm a writer.)

So, do you keep a journal?

Photo credits to Monique, my beautiful Mac computer.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...