1.1.12

Amazing Things I Learned (1)

2012.
It's a pretty cool-looking year, I think. No--I know. It is a cool-looking year. And I hope it is a very happy one for all of you.

Forgive me for neglecting this portion of my life for so long. Kind of like the mom who isn't there for her blog. I allowed myself to dwindle out of the mode, you know? That's because I've been writing a book

OMGoodness. I just realized that I didn't have a parting post to 2011. I can never write another post in 2011 again. But that's because I was busy writing a book

But I did learn a few things last year. Which was a grand total of one day ago. Here are some of the things I learned about writing:
  • While I am writing a story, it is easy to make things happen simply because they fit into the plot. But really things should happen because the characters DO the things. The characters should be living the plot into being. The plot should not be some sort of deity making characters act unnaturally.
  • Sometimes writing a certain amount of words (if you have a daily goal) can be like eating a 20 gallon bucket of Cheerios one by one.
  • There will always be new areas in the writing process to discover. I say "always" probably just because I haven't personally discovered them all. Yet. 


So, I'm sure I didn't learn just three things this year (even though Janet seems to think so). But I'm starting with these, and I will elucidate them more if when I can.  That's why there's a (1) in the title. It's kind of like a series thing. I've heard that can be kind of hip.

What are some things you learned last year? Feel free to link up blog posts if you've already explained on your own blog spot.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...