9.1.12

Amazing Things I Learned (2)

Let's talk about Cheerios. Remember how I mentioned them in my last post? How sometimes trying to write can be like eating a 20 gallon bucket of Cheerios one by one?

Well. Today I expound.

Sometimes it's really, really hard to get those words out. But the first thing to remember in this situation is that Cheerios are tasty. (Or you can use Goldfish, if you don't like Cheerios. If you don't like Cheerios or Goldfish, you're just plain picky, and I'm not talking about if you have gluten allergies or something.)

Cheerios are tasty, so savor the moment. If you're a writer, enjoy the difficult times. Revel in the hardships of drafting and revising, and remember them on your victorious days. If writing were always easy, what would be the fun in that? If it were always easy, your accomplishments would go out the window. Because they wouldn't be accomplishments.

The other thing I learned about this scenario is that I can't always write the scene I want the very moment I want to. I can struggle with a scene for hours before I give up. And the next day I might just sit down and write the whole thing in half an hour.

That's because we're not robots. We're fickle little things. So I learned to be a little more forgiving with myself.  A little more patient.

That doesn't mean I don't have to relearn it every day.



Do you force yourself to work on things, or do you wait until you're ready to do it?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...