28.2.12

Hypothetical Day

Recently I've been acting a little too cool for my own blog. I mean, it's been months since I instigated a Hypothetical Day. Pretty sad. But it's never too late to remedy!

Before I get into a real hypothetical situation, let's say you have no idea what Hypothetical Day is. Would you rather continue blindly through this post, or read about the original HD? (Believe me, plenty of people would rather read blindly through this post than suffer through 2 of my posts in one day. So don't feel all atypical if that's what you choose. HD is pretty self-explanatory anyway.)

Now for TODAY'S Hypothetical...Day.

You are an author. You are trying to write a story. You are busy banging your head against a wall when a yellow caterpillar begins to crawl up your leg. You frown at the metamorphic insect. "What do you want?"

The caterpillar pauses. "Well, I know it's your half birthday today. Plus it's Hypothetical Day. Plus it's time for lunch, but that doesn't really matter. To get back to your question, I want to offer you a choice."

Your frown deepens. "Thanks anyway, but I make plenty of choices every day. Please let me get back to banging my head against this wall."

"There is a car," the caterpillar continues, "that will take you to any type of world you want: fantasy, sci fi, dystopian, utopian, fairytale--you name it. Whatever type of story you like or want to write, this car will take you to a world that contains those elements."

By now the caterpillar has reached your shoulder. You are beginning to feel a little weirded out.

"There is also a wrist watch," the caterpillar says, "that lets you control time and location on earth. You can go backward or forward to any time, and it takes you to any place on earth you wish to go. You can even stop time in order to meet a deadline."

"Weird," you say.

"Totes," says the caterpillar. "Did you follow all of that?"

"I think so," you reply.

"Good, because now you have to choose--the car or the watch."

You start banging your head against the wall. 


Which will you choose?
Let me know which you decide. Or I'll sic my caterpillar on you.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...