2.2.12

Sacrifices

This morning (and yesterday morning) I got up at 6:36 A.M
That may not sound early to my grandfather, who gets up every morning at 5 o'clock. But it's kind of early for me. I normally get up at 7:00, but boy, that extra 24 minutes can make a difference. 

Why did I get up this early? I have an afternoon-evening job, and I want to go to they gym and then get as much writing in as possible before I have to leave. It's so hard to focus on writing when I know I have to go somewhere later. But I figured that if I have hours and HOURS before I leave, I will be less distracted by the fact I have to leave.

Early morning sleepwalking isn't the only sacrifice I make for writing. 

In high school I used to skip ice cream outings and movies with my family so I'd have extra time for my writing. Of course, I did spend time with my fambly (misspelling on purpose), but I had to spend time with my characters too.

Nowadays I don't go cavorting around on Friday nights. I mean, I have friends. (Um, guys? We're friends, right? Yeah, you know who you are.) I truly love and cherish and enjoy the friends I have, it's just that my social calendar isn't exactly packed. Unless you count revisions as a social activity.

You might be like, But there's that whole acquiring life experiences thing. You have to experience life so that you can enrich your writing and stuff.

Bah. I tasted fresh air once. Memories of that moment could last me a lifetime.

;)

So, do you have friends? What kind of sacrifices do you make for writing or reading? Or if you write all day, what else do you fit into your schedule?

My Social Activity
 
Photo credit right from Wikipedia, which is about to get shut down: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...