5.6.11

Bringing up Baby – Old school

Is this the end.........?



Do you ever notice when you buy a car, new or used, there seems to be more people with the same make and model driving about as well. I remember when my wife was pregnant with our first born..I saw many more pregnant people during that time than any other…are ya'll copying me?

The same is true when you are toting a baby about, like when I take little Boo-Boo out and about the town. I see more babies and baby momma's and baby dadda’s, they all seem to flock to Walmart or Winn Dixie the same time we do.

This phenomenon has given me the opportunity to see what parents are buying for their little ones these days, or are they really buying them for themselves?

 I have noticed a major shift in the baby industry…..and got to thinking about our future. 

Are we going soft?

Is this the beginning of the end for us,

(Play while viewing this blog, it will add to your reading pleasure) 


Like the great city of Rome, are we free falling into obscurity by the abundance of decadence and useless items meant to pamper our little ones?



Are we all fiddling with over pampering our wee ones while Rome (USA) is burning?

I mean, come on  now!! How necessary is a Baby wipe warmer?




What’s up with that?

 Heaven  forbid that their little bum and bits get cold using the regular wipes. Do the little buggers at this age really know the difference? I would think that the cold, normal everyday type of wipes help to get the attention of the baby. The warmer ones put them into sleep/ mode. Sheep mode. 

Are we so over the top with these items we are unaware of the impact these items will have on generations to come?

What ever happened to letting your baby cry a little before taking him out of the crib?...or does Dr. Phil tell us that that is a sign of neglect that will have the kid turn into a mass murderer someday? Or heaven forbid, something worse?

Nowadays, if you want comfort your child but are in the other room entertaining your guest..you can buy one of these handy items..(no pun intended)


He/She  will grow up thinking his parents have gigantic hands…How about having the kid explain THAT in elementary school-huh? 

And what is this contraption I see in the stores these days??



Nothing says I am over pampered and in my bubble more than this thing..My lord, are we so afraid that our babies will fall and we will run them over with the cart ?? Or are we afraid they may start teething on the metal? Geesh, when I was growing up, we ate dirt.............


We have come a long way...........................................Baby.

I use the cart - old school with Boo-Boo, he does get to live on the edge a bit, I think it builds character in a child.


Remember when you used to drop the baby bottle by accident? You would pick it up as fast as you could, give it a little kiss, like we use to do with gum that fell on the floor and off it went back in the babies mouth....

today?



 Effective: Proven 99.9% effective against germs. Safe: Automatic shutoff. Natural: Uses dry heat, no chemicals. Great baby shower gift. The Germ Guardian Nursery Sanitizer is designed to sanitize objects using dry heat to kill 99.9% of germs. Kills germs that cause: RSV (rotavirus), flu and colds (influenza and coronaviruses), pneumonia (pneumococcus), earache (haemophilus influenzae), diarrhea (E.coli and salmonella) and more. 

Mom's, did this not scare you enough to go out and buy two?? 

What about the toys these days? We are bringing up a bunch of softies.......



These toys are not only soft.......they are.....soft.

What about substance and the sense of adventure? Have we forgotten so much of our childhood we are softening up our kids for the Apocalypse? . If you want a toy of substance and the excitement of expectation back into your childs life...get them one of these....



Remember? This thing did scare the hell out of me.....and my kids as well. They all seem to be doing fine now, although I do have a slight physical tick every now and then.

What toy below do you think would best get your child ready for the rough and tumble world ?

This one........
Or this one.....



I'll take the Tonka any day. That one up above made out of blocks looks too happy, has a zombie feel to it..turning our kids into little sheep. 

Don't you think this little item is a little over the top? 


It detects if you are shaking your baby too much. If you need one of these....you need to be shaken!

Baby Monitoring:



Baby monitoring these days is a large industry. What ever happened to peeking in on your child every now and then?..today we have taking monitoring and electronics to a new level......




The babies room in most American homes looks like a war room...

I am not against product development or progress, it's all good when it's good. But I do get the feeling lately that we are turning soft on many fronts. Is this the end or am I just someone with an overly active imagination that was developed when I was teething on frying pan handles and learning to walk on hardwood floors with my socks on ?







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...