26.6.11

What's in it for me?

I write because I have to.  It's that simple.  If I didn't write, I would explode.  And I would probably explode into words.

What better option than to write for a living?  I don't feel a need to get published.  I would be happy to write novels just for me.  But there is a thrilling joy in sharing my work with other people.  Also, seeing my own story bound in a glossy book (although I haven't experienced that yet).

It didn't really hit me until I began researching agents that if I get published, I get PAID.  Oh yeah, there is that thing called money that I kind of need to survive.  In fact, I should probably get on that...

I guess what I'm trying to say ("trying" is the key word) is that it's nice to be so sure about my calling.  When there's an occupation you love so much that you're willing to do it without being paid, it should be one of your first career choices.  Just stating the obvious, that's all.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...