28.6.11

Relationships and Writing

I think I will make a great spinster someday.  Personally, I am not in a rush to get married or to be in a "relationship" or whatever.  (Note: I'm not trying to sound cynical.  For those of you married or in relationships, I am happy for you!)  The truth is, I love God, my family, my cat, and I love writing.  And freedom.  I can just see myself ending up like Emily Dickinson or Jane Austen--unmarried women writers.  Okay, so they both had a disappointing love life.  Thankfully, that is not my case.  I don't have any love life.  ;-)

SO...as I was saying, I can see myself living in a little house, filled with cats, visited by my nieces and nephews, and writing stories like a maniac.  Today I read an entry in Gennifer Albin's blog about motherhood mixed with writing.  Let me just say, this woman is amazing!  I don't know how she manages to do all that.  I certainly couldn't.  But basically, that list of stuff sealed the deal for me.  Yup, being single is just dandy.  At least for a while.

What's your take on writing and relationships?  If you're married or in a relationship, is it harder to write?  If you're single, do you like it that way or not?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...