25.6.11

Here I Am

The title of this post pretty much says it all.  With equal reluctance and excitement, I have begun my first weblog ever.  Excitement because I like to write.  Reluctance because I dislike posting anything on the Internet.

I decided, however, that it must be done.  Why?  Because I'm an author!  Authors use blogs!  (Albeit, I am an unpublished author, but what difference does that make?)

I decided that it must be done tonight.  Why?  Because I wouldn't sleep otherwise.    

I also started using Query Tracker (a website about...well, tracking queries).  For the first time ever, I feel part of a writing community--virtual people united by a common passion.  Exciting to be sure.  

"Here I am" is not just my announcement to the blogging world.  It is also a phrase commonly used in the Bible by God's people.  When He called a man or woman's name, that person stood before the God of the universe, ready to listen, ready to obey.  

So here I am, ready to hear God's call and to embark on a new phase of my life.    

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...