21.7.11

Yankee Paparazzi



What would you do with your 15 minutes?


 Being a "person of interest" is not as cool as it sounds.....They finally caught up with me................................. .

Paparazzi: Mr. Yankee, Mr. Yankee……….click, click, click

Why did you leave the North?

Me: "Well, I never did leave the North mentally, it stays with me to the dismay of some of my southern friends.....But I love it here. I came down in the early 90's and stayed - Damn Yankee !-Can you please step off of my lawn" ...(eyeing the water hose) 


Paparazzi: Mr. Yankee, Mr. Yankee ………..Click

Tell me about the grits, the grits!!


Me: "I did not eat grits for the first few years I was down South. It was something I told myself I wasn't going to do. Me eat grits? Ewe! I would stick to my regional fare of cream of wheat. I eventually gave in, I eat them, but have been accused of southern blasphemy because I put Sweet N' Low on them..go figure? - No death threats tho!" 


Paparazzi: Mr. Yankee, Mr. Yankee..click, click..click..click

Tell us about your “Worm Grunting Experience” ??

Me: "You have not lived until you have experienced the worm gruntin' festival held annually in Sopchoppy Florida. When I first heard about this festival I had mental images of locals on stage with a microphone grunting like a worm, (does a worm grunt?) not unlike the pig calling contests I have seen on the news. Far from it! My wife had to tell me it's worm gruntin' "honey", NOT worm grunting! I did Google search "Worm Grunting" 84 times on the computer to get a better understanding, although my wife said she did the searches, on my computer, in my room, using my password and  while she was at work"

Paparazzi: Mr. Yankee, Mr. Yankee....tell us about your very first pick-up truck..

Me: "Well, I went ahead and purchased a 1977 Ford F100 pickup truck. It does qualify as an antique. This will be the first time in my life I have owned one. Every other vehicle down here is a truck of some sort, so now I feel like I truly belong. Driving a pick up truck with my northern flair for the dramatics - is not a good mix down here…. It's a different driving culture in the south.Up north we yell, swear and get all red faced. Here it's simple, it's what is not said that is important. oh, and I put my umbrella in the gun rack! I did run over 5 squirrels  one day or was it 6?, the truck did smell of dead animals." 


Paparazzi. Mr. Yankee, Mr.Yankee, Mr. Yankee..click..

What do you think of Casey Anthony?

Me: "I don’t really know, is she the sister of Mark? I don't remember hearing anything about Casey. I can tell you that I had a small problem with Marks relationship with Cleopatra. While I understand the distribution of nations among Cleopatra's children was hardly a conciliatory gesture, it did not pose an immediate threat to Octavian's political position.  Far more dangerous was the acknowledgment of Caesarion as legitimate and heir to Caesar's name." 

Paparazzi:(Click here to hear paparazzi reaction to last answer) 




Paparazzi: Mr. Yankee, Mr. Yankee..click, click..click..click


What can you say about Roosters? 


Me: "Corfu Rooster
Serving size depends on the bird
1 rooster, cut into pieces
7 garlic cloves, smashed
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoon olive oil or lard
1 tablespoon tomato paste (or use some tomatoes)
2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar (or cider vinegar)
2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
3 ½ cups water
½ cup dry white wine (or vermouth or other booze)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 Role of duct tape"

I want it to be known that I have not hidden from the paparazzi, I don't have a team of handlers that look out for my every move. A photo of me (if I was in hiding ) would net approximately  $1.36 and that includes postage and handling. 


I had to tell all of my paparazzi pals that I have a busy schedule and must catch my ride that is waiting for me...




Where am I going? Got to keep you guessing, I have a brand to exploit !

A little tune to leave you with.....





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...