20.12.11

Motivational Speech.

Haven't had the easiest time writing lately. (Have you noticed how I omitted the subject of the sentence? Now you guys have no idea who is having a hard time writing lately. Well, I'll tell you. It's me.)*

Haven't had the easiest time writing lately. There's been so much going on in my life outside of noveling, and my writing sessions are about as long as mini skirts and very distracted. It's hard to get into a story when life's like that, you know?

Yes, you do.

And sometimes I see all these amazing books coming out, and I'm like, "Why even bother? It's taking me forever to write this, and by the time it's ready, someone else will have 'stolen' my idea." ("Will have stolen" is the future perfect tense. Pretty exciting when I get to use that kind of verb.)

Then I have to remember that I don't write stories because I want them to be bound up and sold. I never have. I write stories because I'm a writer. Duh. That's what we do.

It's simple. When I think about how miserable I am trying to write a story, all I have to do is think about how much more miserable I'd be if I weren't trying to write a story. See how simple that is? Yah.

So, do you have any great motivational speeches?  How do you handle your writing when life is uber distracting?

P.S. I have no idea why there's a period in the title of this post. I just felt I needed one.

*The parenthesis in this post are the kind of things I think about whenever words are involved. If you correct others' grammar in your head while they're speaking, or mentally rearrange sentences, raise your hand now.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...