12.12.11

Don't Be Boring

As of today, 100 wonderful people are kindly following my blog. Thank you, wonderful people. I truly appreciate it.

I haven't been able to blog for a while (tendonitis, doncha know). So I offered to let my illustrious assistant  Janet to guest post whenever the whim struck her. The whim has never struck her. She told me she'd rather pull out her own teeth than write for my blog. I had a small suspicion she might decline.

Therefore, Rain-On Sentence is not always the most active blog on the block. But I want to assure you that you are in my thoughts, and I try to read your blogs when I can.

All of that being said, let me say something else entirely unrelated:

DON'T LET LIFE MAKE YOU A BORING PERSON

Schedules work. They're nice. We do the same things over and over again without even noticing. Or sometimes we do things over and over again and we begin to gag.  Here are some things I do regularly to make my life more interesting:
  • I eat or write with my left hand. (I am right-handed.)
  • A man opens a door for me. I don't just walk in, or mutter "thanks." I say, "Thank you, sir."  A lot of men like the "sir" thing. 
  • In my car I try to make eye contact with other drivers on the road--while passing them on the highway, or at traffic lights, or whatever. (Don't do this if you're not a good driver or if others will interpret it as road rage.)
  • On that same note, how often do you hear someone blasting Tchaikovsky from his car? Usually it's some rock song with intense bass. 
  • Usually I try to say something silly to cashiers or fellow customers. You'll only see them once anyway. Probably only once. 
I don't do this stuff as often:

  • I wore fleece zebra pants the mall. Each leg is big enough for me to fit both legs. 
  • Sing to myself in the store.
  • Tell my dentist to watch The Shakiest Gun in the West.
  • Call in to my favorite radio station to talk with the DJs. (Air1!)
Some of my plans:
  • Give Christmas cards to the workers at my gym.
  • You give me ideas for what I should do!
What do you guys like to do to make your life interesting and unmundane?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...