23.11.11

Clean Up Your Brain

Dang it, Facebook. Don't tell me who's going to miss me when I deactivate my Facebook account. You have no idea. Trust me. *hits deactivate button*  In your Face. 

I don't really spend that much time on Facebook or twitter. But it's not even the time that matters. 

The problem is all the mental tweeting that's involved
In non-twitter lingo: The anticipation clutters my brain.

That's the real problem. I may not be on twitter, but I wonder what people are tweeting. I wonder if anyone has mentioned me. I wonder if I'm missing out on contests or news or pillow fights.

I may not spend all that much time actually looking at my Facebook newsfeed, but it's like a drug that calms the itch in my brain. When I come home from my peregrinations out of the house, the first the I do is check my mail, FB, and twitter accounts. Obviously. I've been gone. I want to know what's going on.  (Like my poem?)

I'm writing, and in the back of my mind, I know that at my first break I'll look at Email, FB, t. Or I check on stuff whenever I'm stuck somewhere in my story. Kind of ruins the suspension of disbelief involved in writing, doesn't it? 

"What are we going to do, Tristan? I'm out of fireproof dragon powder!" Sampson wailed.

@RainLaaman I totally agree! Dogs are way lame. #catsrule

"Well, get the dragon tamer charm," Tristan said. "Obviously." Minions. So incapable. 

Insanebookperson Josy Pickle 
One hour left for my rad book giveaway!  books.pickles.blogspot.com/rad-giveaways-forever

Hmm.

When I was a young lass I didn't know a thing about Facebook, twitter, youtube, blogging or online forums. My distractions came in the form of looking up medieval costumes and swords. I really lived in the stories I was writing. A computer wasn't there for there internet. It was there for that blank white document--that vista into places only words could see.

I realize Facebook and twitter are useful and fun. I value my friends there. But sometimes it's just too much for me to handle along with everything else. Maybe I'm more easily affected by their presence in my mind than other people. I don't know.

What do you lovely people think of twitter and Facebook?  It's a very open question on purpose.  ;)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...